Saturday, October 9, 2010

Buon Giorno

I'm up this morning early and hoping to send a few pictures along.  There are not enough words and I am not a good enough writer to convey the emotions of this trip.  Every corner we turn is a new sight much more amazing than the last.  We are meeting such wonderful people who are sharing their crafs with us, being patient with our struggles to communicate and feeding our stomachs and souls.  There are so many threads and pieces of my life I recognize here that are similar to my life growing up with an Italian mother and all her family.  I have learned from Fernando, my favorite wine maker, that putting your heart into your wine is the way to make the best wine and also to never add cheese to baccala!  I promised Fernando from now on I will not add cheese to my baccala teala on Christmas Eve.

Fernando giving Roberto advice

Angela, the very talented ceramist

No comments:

Post a Comment